Contract Switch From Reserve Infantry to Active Duty Infantry
Create Post

Contract Switch From Reserve Infantry to Active Duty Infantry

I am currently depped in as a reserve infantry contract. I ship to boot on May 19 and i have decided to switch my contract to active duty. I would like to keep the infantry MOS (and yes i know i cannot pick a specific MOS within infantry). Does anybody know anything i need to look out for when i sign my new contract.? Can i be guaranteed the infantry MOS? Its what i have my heart set on but i understand that the Green Machine will use me as it needs me. By the way i would like to thank all the Marines on this site. You have all been an incredible source of information and motivation. (and Echo_Bravo _Four your sig is the greatest thing since sliced bread)

suck up! brown noser! ( just kidding) yes you can be gaurenteed infantry field. as for what to look out for? yeah, bullets, IEDS, and snipers.

Lol...liked the thing about bullets. Thats definitely something to look out for. And arse kissing is for the Air Force...lol.

If you know you want the 03 contract, there isn't much you need to look out for other than making sure is says 03 on it.

Sorry i messed up your user name Echo_Four_Bravo

Not a problem. It is just a generic radio call sign for a Corporal with a last name that starts with B... nothing that I'm too attached to or anything.

Ok make sure it says 03 how do i do that. I dont want my recruiter bull******* me into an open contract. Nothing against the recruiter but if i wanted to push paper work i would finish my engineering degree.

Oh yeah...and ive been reading some bad stuff about switching your contract while in the d.e.p. for the reserves. Like its really hard to do or something. I see my recruiter tomorrow and he really hasnt said anything about it. I was under the impression that until you went to boot camp your contract wasnt really binding. Does anybody know anything about this.

It can be changed- it will take some work though. I've heard that to change components (reserve to active) you have to go through MEPS again- but I don't know if that is true.

Thanks, you wouldnt believe how hard it is to find info about this kinda stuff

It will say GUARANTEE INFANTRY OPTION , my contract stated this on most of my pages.

S/F,
    CEYA!
    81s

Thread Information